This morning I ran a new route through the mountains of Nicaragua. The trail undulated through steep climbs and sharp declines. The run gave me time to reflect on why I love running up hills.
I came up with one reason for every mile I ran.
12 Reasons I Love Running Uphill
- I spent the last 2 years in a county that was so flat, I had to run in parking garages to hill train.
- During my last 100 mile ultra, the hills chewed me up.
- Running hills is not easy, and what’s running if it’s not hard?
- The toughest trail runners, warrior up hills.
- The Kenyans do it, enough said.
- It adds variety to the run.
- When I can’t bear any more, I have an excuse to walk.
- I love the saying, “Up the Hill, down the ale.”
- I like to Name my Nemesis. I name my toughest climbs.
- Why trail run if you’re not running rugged.
- Next time it will be easier.
- What goes up, must come ……
CHECK out these related articles.
Tell me what you think of hills.
Do you love them or hate them?